WinMerge is an Open
differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge
can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual
text format that is easy to understand and handle.
WinMerge is an Open Source
differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both
folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that
is easy to understand and handle.
WinMerge is highly useful for determining what has changed
between project versions, and then merging changes between versions.
WinMerge can be used as an external differencing/merging tool or as a
Now! Version 2.14.0; 6.14 MB
In addition, WinMerge has many helpful supporting features
that make comparing, synchronising, and merging as easy and useful as
- Supports Microsoft Windows
- Handles Windows, Unix and Mac text file formats
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- File Compare
- Visual differencing and merging of text files
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers
- Highlights differences inside lines
- Difference pane shows current difference in two
- Location pane shows map of files compared
- Moved lines detection
- Folder Compare
- Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding
and including items
- Fast compare using file sizes and dates
- Compares one folder or includes all subfolders
- Can show folder compare results in a tree-style view
- Version Control
- Creates patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified
- Resolve conflict files
- Rudimentary Visual SourceSafe and Rational ClearCase
- Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions)
- Archive file support using 7-Zip
- Plugin support
- Localizable interface
manual and installed HTML Help manual
See the screenshots
page for more screenshots.
Just download the installer
and double-click it.
Or you may simply unzip the binary
zip package into the desired location and run
For more information, please see the Installation
section of the Manual.
For information on using WinMerge, see our online Manual,
or you can use the local help file (just press
inside WinMerge) for offline use.